[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: teybe'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 5 08:45:29 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, June 05, 2023

Klingon word: teybe'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be comfortable, be easy
Source: qep'a' 24 [2017]

(qep'a' 2017):  for the sense of being not close or having wiggle room or leeway (e.g. a comfortable distance away [from something] or a comfortable victory)

SEE:
tey  		be uncomfortable,  close (v)
  - (qep'a' 2017):  for the sense of being close or not having wiggle room or leeway (If you were victorious, but just barely made it at the last minute or something like that, you could say {tey yay}.)

tey  		scrape (v)

SEE ALSO:
chur 		be uncomfortable (v)
churHa' 	be comfortable (v)
  - (qep'a' 2017):  because of clothes, room temperature, etc. (involved with physical unpleasantness)

jot 		be calm (v)
jotHa' 		be uneasy (v)
bIt 		be nervous, uneasy (v)
bergh 		be irritable (v)
boH 		be impatient (v)

CULTURE NOTES:
(CK):  No matter where you stay the accommodations will be stark compared to what you are used to. Klingons are predisposed to rejecting anything whose sole function is physical comfort. They will, however, make some concessions for visitors.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey