[tlhIngan Hol] {vut} bop matlh

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jun 20 00:06:09 PDT 2023

I asked Marc Okrand if there was a special verb for "bake, make bread".
He did not answer directly giving a word, but suggested to use {vut},
leaving options open.

Here's what he said about that:

{vut} is kind of like "make" in English, as in "I make bread," "I make
coffee," "I make hamburgers," "I make beer." There are four different
preparation techniques involved, but, in everyday usage, the one word
"make" will do (though, of course, there are additional choices). In
Klingon, I'd {vut} all of these things.

For your story, the "baker" is a "bread maker," so {tIr ngogh vutwI'} is
a reasonable translation. That is, {vut} is an acceptable translation of
"bake."
<<<

--
Lieven L. Litaer