[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bulvar

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 17 07:00:21 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, July 15, 2023

Klingon word: bulvar
Part of speech: noun
Definition: monk
Source: qep'a' 26 [2019]

(qep’a’ 2019):  gender-neutral; works like {maqlegh}

CULTURAL NOTES:
  The monastery on Boreth, located above lava caves used for seeking visions of Kahless, is tended by the monk-like "Guardians of Boreth". (TNG "Rightful Heir")

SEE:
maqlegh 	priest (n)
  - “This is gender-neutral. In translating, if a distinction between priest and priestess is required, add {loD} or {be’}.” (qep’a’ 2019)

SEE ALSO:
lalDan 		religion (n)
ghIn 		monastery (n)
ghIn pIn 	abbot/abbess (n)
'eSqa' 		religious garb (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey