[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jorneb

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 17 06:56:16 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, July 16, 2023

Klingon word: jorneb
Part of speech: noun
Definition: warhead (of a torpedo)
Source: KGT:E-K

AFAIK not used in a sentence.  Note that it was (mis)spelled {jornub} in the Klingon-English glossary to KGT.

(KGT 56):  The warhead of the torpedo is called its {jorneb} (which seems to contain the verb {jor} [explode] but is otherwise not analyzable).

(Qes, 6/27/2007):  No longer, I suspect. In HolQeD 10:4, pp. 4-5, where we are given vocabulary connected with birds, we are given the noun {neb} "beak, bill of a bird"; I find the idea of a torpedo or missile as a bird of prey diving at its target beak-first to be a rather apposite metaphor.

SEE:
jor  		explode (v),
jorwI'  		explosive;  bomb MKE (n)

SEE ALSO:
ghuS 		be prepared,  ready (to launch) (v)
chu' 		engage, activate (a device), turn on (v)

Either of these verbs might do for "arm" a warhead" prior to launch.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey