[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghI'van

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 12 07:37:49 PDT 2023

Klingon word: ghI'van
Part of speech: noun
Definition: griffin, griffon, gryphon
Source: QelIS boqHarmey

i.e. a mythological animal with the body of a winged lion

(Klingon Alice, p.233):  This is a very specific thing; no Klingon equivalent. I’d suggest transliterating it to something like {ghI’van}. It should work if you’re retaining the line: “If you don’t know what a Gryphon is, look at the picture.”

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey