[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: meq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 11 07:11:30 PDT 2023

Klingon word: 	meq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	topic, subject, theme
Source: 	qep'a' 25 [2018]

(qep'a' 2018):  of a conversation, story, etc.

meq  		reason (logical thinking);
      		motive (KGT);
              		logic (Klingon Blockly) (n)

ram meqmey
Motives are insignificant. (TKW)

DaH naDev jIHtaHbogh meq Saja'
Now I will tell you why I am here. (PB)

SEE:
meq  		reason; think logically (qepHom 2017) (v)

SEE ALSO:
ghanroq 	basis, foundation (n)
 -- "underlying support for an idea, argument, or process, depending on context, could also be {meq} or {qolqoS})" (qep'a' 2018)

ngoQ 		goal, purpose (n)
ghu’ 		situation, proposal (n)
wanI’ 		phenomenon, event, occurrence, effect (n)
mo' 		motive, motivation, grounds, reason, rationale (slang)

qolqoS  		core (of a group),  essence (n)
SeSor  		subject [grammatical term] (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey