[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mIn tojwI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 10 07:21:17 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, July 08, 2023

Klingon word: mIn tojwI'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: optical illusion
Source: November 2016 email to Lieven

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 11/25/2016):  The most common way to refer to a magician, like Kalibo, is {mIn yuqwI’} ({yuq} is "outwit, outsmart")… Another expression for magician is {’IDnar lIlwI’} … "perform magic" (as Kalibo does) is {mIn yuq} or {’IDnar lIl}.

SEE:
mIn		eye (n)
tojwI'  		deceiver (n)
toj  		deceive, trick (v)

SEE ALSO:
mIn yuqwI’  	[stage] magician (n)
‘IDnar lIlwI’ 	magician (n)

‘IDnar  		magic,  wizardry (n)
lIl  		simulate, impersonate (v)

rob'agh  	hologram (n)
tojbogh pa' 	holodeck, holosuite (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey