[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mItlh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 30 07:17:38 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, January 28, 2023

Klingon word: 	mItlh
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	forge (metal)
Source: 	qepHom 2016

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(KGT 59-60):  According to Klingon tradition, the first bat'leth was forged by Kahless the Unforgettable … Because of the importance of the bat'leth in Klingon tradition, however, they have taken to calling the bat'leth {betleH quv} …

SEE:
*mItlhwI’  		[blacksmith?] (n)
  -  When Data started dreaming of his father as a blacksmith, Worf told him "You are very fortunate" as this was a powerful vision. (TNG "Birthright I")

SEE ALSO:
baS 			metal (n)
‘uSqan 			iron (n)
velSo’ ‘uSqan 		stainless steel (n)
QumeH ngaSwI’ 	mold (for casting) (n)
baS laSvargh 		foundry (n)
mupwI'  		hammer (n) KGT

tujmoH 		heat (v)
tet 			melt [use for smelt?)  (v)
qang 			pour (from one container into another) (v)
Qu 			cast [metal] (v)
mup  			impact,  strike (v)
pet 			be welded (together) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey