[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: weSjech

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 26 07:10:24 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, January 26, 2023

Klingon word: 	weSjech
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	fabric, cloth, textile
Source: 	qep'a' 26 [2019]

(qep’a’ 2019):  This can be used for textiles or fabric in clothing, sheets, towels, and so on, but generally not for carpets or rugs (except for thin ones).

(qep’a’ 2019 re {paSrIq}):  fabric used in carpets and rugs [not for clothing]

TREK NOTES:
  “Truth, Doctor, is in the eye of the beholder. I never tell the truth because I don't believe there is such a thing. That's why I prefer the straight line simplicity of cutting cloth.” (Garak to Bashir, DS9 “Cardassians”)

SEE:
weSjech ba'Suq Duj  	hot air balloon (n)

SEE ALSO:
Sut 			clothing (n)
tlhIm 			carpet, rug, wall hanging, blanket (n)
QaDmoHwI' DIr  	towel (n)
SupDIng 		cotton-like plant ["used to make cloth’] (n)
QaplaStep 		spool, reel, spindle (n)
nIq 			weave (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey