[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: baghHa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 17 07:49:00 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Klingon word: baghHa'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: crack a code (slang)
Source: qepHom 2014

 (qepHom 2014): {meS} is slang for encrypt.  {So'} is the normal way to say encrypt, {So'Ha'} means decrypt with permission, and {baghHa'} means decrypt without permission.

(Lieven, 11/12/2014):  Maltz also said that now that everyone knows the word {meS}, he can add that {meS} is a frequently used slang term for encrypt. Similarly, {meSHa'} means decrypt."

See:
bagh  		tie (v)
meS  		knot (v)
  - "After giving us the word for knitting, Maltz just revealed another useful and related word: it's {meS} and means knot, both as noun and verb. The object of the verb is the thing you use to make a knot, e.g. {tlhegh vImeS} - "I make a knot in the rope". To loosen the knot, simply say {meSHa'}."  (Lieven, 11/12/2014)

SEE ALSO:
meS  		encrypt (slang) (v)
naw' 		access (v)
ngoq 		code (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey