[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qappam

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 13 07:25:43 PST 2023

Klingon word: 	qappam
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	foundation
Source: 	qep'a' 25

“supporting under-structure of building” (qep'a' 2018)

SEE:
ghanroq 	foundation, basis (underlying support for an idea,
		argument, or process) (n)

SEE ALSO:
wutlh  		underground (n)
qach 		building, structure (n)
juH 		house (n)
vaS 		hall (n)

ren  		design, map out, plan (v)
renwI'  		designer,  architect (n)
qurbuSwI'  	architect [Morskan dialect] (n)

(Okrand to Lieven, 11/20/2009):  [Lieven told Okrand that it was difficult to describe his job as an architect in Klingon. Here's Okrand's answer:]  I did see him [Maltz] earlier today as he was running off to grab a cup of coffee or something. I told him about the lack of good words relating to architecture. He said he wasn't an architect himself, so he'd have to think about that. But he did know the word for plan (the big piece of paper). He said it's {pu'jIn} -- same as the word for map.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey