[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tuch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 12 07:13:55 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, January 12, 2023

Klingon word: 	tuch
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	forbid
Source: 	TKD

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TREK NOTES:
  The Treaty of Alliance (a.k.a. the Khitomer Accords?) ended the war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire in 2293. The pact allows for mutual aid and defense against aggressors, but forbids interference in the internal affairs of either government. (TNG "Redemption I")

  "God forbid I should agree with Spock, but he was right." (McCoy, TOS "The Enemy Within")

  “God forbid I should miss my first look at the wormhole.” (Troi to herself, TNG “The Price”)

SEE ALSO:
chaw' 		permit (v)
lajQo'  		reject (v)
bot 		prevent, block, prohibit (v)
tem 		deny (v)
Hey’ 		censor (v)
yem 		sin (v)
wem 		violate (v)
Hat  		be illegal (v)

N.B. Do not confuse with the noun {tuch} "the future (as a whole)".

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey