[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 9 07:18:34 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, January 08, 2023

Klingon word: 	tach
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	bar, saloon, cocktail lounge

tachDaq maghom
We will meet in the cocktail lounge. TKD

tachDaq choDor'a'
Will you escort me to a bar? CK

SuvwI' juHmey rur tachmey
Bars resemble warriors' homes. CK

HIq DaSammeH tach yI'el
To find ale, go into a bar. TKW

tach vI'el, HItlhej
Let's go to the pub. RTb

quwargh tach Qe' je qoDDaq Hov leng Soj DatIv
Enjoy Star Trek themed food and drink at Quark's Bar and Restaurant. STX

(KGT 100):  If there is a separate bar ({tach}), the bartender ({chom}) will mix drinks; otherwise, these chores fall to the {vutwI'}.

(KGT 102):  If the restaurant is large enough to have a separate bar ({tach}), the dining party, upon completion of the meal, is likely to move to the bar and continue drinking and, probably, toasting and singing.

(qepHom 2017):  {much Qe'} [cabaret] "the location, such as a nightclub or restaurant where there's food/drink along with a show" vs. {Qe' much} "the show performed in such a place."

SEE:
*tach QorghwI'  	tavern-keeper (n) GILGAMESH

SEE ALSO:
chom 			bartender (n)
vutwI'  			cook, chef, food/bevarage preparer (n)
jabwI' 			server (n)
HIq  			liquor (beer, wine, ale) (n),

Qe' 			restaurant (n)
much  			presentation,  show (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey