[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tawleHnu' pogh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:16:20 PST 2023

Klingon word: 	tawleHnu' pogh
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	emphatically hopeless situation
Source: 	qepHom 2019

i.e. a snafu (see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/SNAFU )

PUN:  “Read it backwards, and figure out the transliterated word that's been inserted into the middle of another word to split it into two parts.” (ghunchu’wI’, 1/03/2022)

Maybe I'm from the wrong generation but I don't see the pun.

SEE ALSO:
tawleHnu'  	hopeless situation (n) (qepHom 2019)
ghu' 		situation (n)
wanI' 		phenomenon, event, occurrence (n)
qagh'a' 		major blunder (n)
Qugh  		disaster (n)
lot 		catastrophe (n)

Haq 		intervene in (a situation) (v)
QIl  		be desperate (v)
  - "as when there's no way out, they have nothing to lose. This includes ideas like last-ditch, do-or-die, hopeless, doomed." (Lieven < MO, 2/05/2018)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey