[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wIlHay

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 11:11:48 PST 2023

Am 21.02.2023 um 16:23 schrieb Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, February 21, 2023
>
> Klingon word: 	wIlHay
> Part of speech: 	noun
> Definition: 	hinge (of a door); spine (of a book)
> Source: 	qepHom 2021
>
> AFAIK never used in a sentence.
>
> PUN:
> If there is one, I don't see it.  {wIl} spike [construction] + {Hay} area beyond ??

Well, {Hay} is the pronunciation of {H}, and it's probably a pure
coincidence, but there exists a spine surgeon in Los Angeles named
"William H. Dillin"... and as Okrand was born in L.A., maybe he knows
that person?

Nah... that's too far fetched I guess. :-D

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"