[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIy

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 27 06:55:00 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, February 26, 2023

Klingon word: 	jIy
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be umami, be savory, be earthy
Source: 	qep'a' 26 [2019]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

FYI:  Umami, or savoriness, is one of the "five basic tastes that bring a bit of a meaty flavor to food." For example, Australian Vegemite is considered umami by some.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

SEE ALSO:
Huy 		be spicy, piquant, hot (v)
non 		be rotten (v)
ngIm 		be putrid (v)
tlhorgh 		be pungent (v)
wIb 		be sour (v)
na’ 		be salty, brackish (v)

pID 		coat (food) with herbed mixture (v)
ngat 		herbed  granulated cartilage (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey