[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'al'on

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 20 07:11:46 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, February 20, 2023

Klingon word: 	'al'on
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	glass (material)
Source: 	qepHom 2016

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

PUN:
Aluminium oxynitride is the chemical name for the ceramic otherwise known as "transparent aluminum" (De’vID)

"Aluminium oxynitride (marketed under the name ALON by Surmet Corporation) is a transparent ceramic composed of aluminium, oxygen and nitrogen."
  -- (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride )

"Transparent aluminum" became a popular term after its use ST4 (1986).  The windows of the Enterprise-D are made of transparent aluminum. (TNG "In Theory")

SEE:
HIvje' 		glass (tumbler) (n)
neqratlh 	glasses, spectacles (n)

SEE ALSO:
qut 		crystal (n)
choSom 	quartz (n)
bettI’ 		aluminum (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey