[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Sat

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 20 06:45:53 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, February 19, 2023

Klingon word: 	Sat
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be stuck (like in a meeting)
Source: 	qep'a' 25 [2018]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(qep'a' 2018):  "like being stuck in a meeting or stuck in traffic; also, for some reason, it be would be for a cat stuck in a tree"

SEE ALSO:
DIy 		be stuck (v)
  - "like when you can’t get a door open or a window open" (qep'a' 2018)
lIQ 		be stuck (v)
  -  “like when you can’t solve an algebra problem or a crossword puzzle” (qep'a' 2018)
ngItlh 		be stuck (v)
  - "like when your car is stuck in the snow or Santa is stuck in the chimney or a ring is stuck on your finger or a nail is stuck in a piece of wood and you can’t pull it out" (qep'a' 2018)
HIr 		be stuck (v)
  - "like a stamp is stuck to an envelope or a spitwad is stuck on a wall" (qep'a' 2018)

nguD  		be glued to (v) (qep’a’ 2019)
nguDwI'  	glue (n) (qep'a' 2019)
Hum 		be sticky (v)
ngam 		adhere, stick (v)
  - "with {-moH}, the object is the thing that’s stuck to or adhering to something else, marked by {-Daq}" (qep'a' 2018)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey