[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QaD

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Feb 16 09:16:30 PST 2023

> I don’t have a copy of paq’batlh, just various extracts.

> Can someone check the original (and the second edition).

This takes place towards the beginning of the story, as Kahless is making his way to Gre'thor.

I suspect the "river of" bit may have been omitted for the sake of brevity, and because the rivery nature of the blood had already been established in the previous canto:

Then he sees bright red

At the end of his fall

It is a river, blood-colored.

The blood streams carry him