[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QaD

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:47:02 PST 2023

The English translation omits the word “river”. Shouldn’t that be, “The brave warrior climbs out of the river of blood onto dry land.”? It seems to lose the sense of scale in terms of the horror to not mention that there’s enough blood there to fill a river. I mean, if the Klingon were in a pool of blood up to his neck, one would expect him to be relatively comfortable, aside from being wet (“Do you mean we’re just supposed to SIT here?”), but he proves his fearlessness by actually swimming across a river, presumably weighted down with weaponry and armor. THAT takes ENDURANCE.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)