[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jargh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 13 07:03:37 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, February 13, 2023

Klingon word: jargh
Part of speech: noun
Definition: forehead (regional)

(KGT 28f.):  The standard word for this prominent part of Klingon anatomy is {Quch}, and this word is found with this meaning throughout the Empire. In addition, however, practically every dialect has its own alternate word for forehead. Indeed, {Quch} is simply the word for forehead in the First City. Among these other forms are:  {boD, jargh, mIQ, 'aQlo', Huy'Dung, tuqvol, no''och}.  While the first four of these words are simply regionalisms for forehead, the last three can be analyzed, at least partially...

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey