[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ba'Suq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 8 08:01:33 PST 2023

Klingon word: 	ba'Suq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	bubble
Source: 	qepHom 2017

(qepHom 2017):  The noun {ba'Suq} is used also for a chewing gum bubble, a soap bubble and so on. You can even have bubbles in the bath tub, and the foam in the bathtub is made of millions of bubbles, but the foam itself is not called bubble. Of course, you can add suffixes to it for very small bubbles, like the ones you have in sparkling water and champagne, for instance.

PUN:  Bazooka bubble gum (brand name)

SEE:
weSjech ba'Suq Duj 	hot air balloon (n)

SEE ALSO:
‘o’nI’ 			foam, froth (n)
Say'moHwI' tlhagh  	soap (n)

‘al  			float (in/on air) (v)
‘ay  			float (in/on a liquid) (v)
jo' 			blow into a container (v)

ngon 			bubble, be bubbling (v)
pub 			boil (v)
Seng  			cause trouble (v)
Seng  			trouble (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey