[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: buS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 3 07:33:38 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, February 03, 2023

Klingon word: 	buS
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	concentrate on, focus on, think only about
Source: 	TKD

DoS yIbuS
Concentrate on the target! (TKD)

baHwI', DoS yIbuS.  QuQ neH.  yaj'a'?
Gunner: Target engine only - Understood? (ST3)

yIqIm, yIbuS
Pay attention and concentrate! (CK)

ghIlab ghewmey tIbuSQo'
Pay no heed to glob flies.
(i.e. "Don't pay attention to insignificant things.") (TKW)

wa' DoS neH yIbuS
Focus on but one target. (TKW)

veqlarghlI' yIbuS 'ej veqlarghwI' vIbuS
You pay attention to your Fek'lhr and I will pay attention to mine. (TKW)

SanDaj buS vaj 'It
The depressed warrior concentrates on his fate (PB)

mInDu'wIj tIbuS molor
Look me in the eye, Molor (PB)

jagh yIbuStaH
Focus on the enemy! (qep'a' 2014 Replacement Proverb)

SEE:
buSHach  	thought,  notion (n)
buSHa'  	ignore, not focus (on) (v)

SEE ALSO:
qIm		pay attention (to)
Dach 		not pay attentive, be distracted, lack focus" (slang) (v)

Qub 		think (v)
paQ 		meditate, cogitate, reflect (v)
bop		be (all) about something (v)
qel 		take into account, consider (v)
SaH 		care for, be concerned about (v)
SIv 		wonder (v)
vuQ		vuQ  fascinate (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey