[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HoSchem

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 13 07:57:43 PST 2023

Klingon word: HoSchem
Part of speech: noun
Definition: energy field
Source: TKD

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

SEE:
HoS  		strength, energy, power (n)
chem  		field (of energy?) (n)

SEE ALSO:
Surchem 	force field (n)
begh 		deflectors (n)
botjan 		shields (force field on ship) [device?] (n)
   begh botjan  	   deflector shield(s) (n)
   peQ botjan    	   magnetic shield (n)

TREK NOTES:
  The planet QI'tu' at the center of our galaxy is surrounded by the Great Barrier ({veH tIn}), an immense energy field which imprisons the God-Being. (ST5)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey