[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: patmor

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 19:07:38 PST 2023

If emerald is a beryl and Patmore was the surname of Beryl Patmore, that's almost certainly the pun!

I notice, however, that we have a request for "beryllium" currently up at the chabal tetlh. This pun on "beryl" has been taken, so Marc Okrand will need to come up with a second beryl pun as a Klingon word for beryllium? *'o'qapyt*? Perhaps, turning to another character named Beryl, Marc Okrand will use *qeyqoHan*.