[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhan

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 5 08:43:54 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, December 02, 2023

Klingon word: tlhan
Part of speech: verb
Definition: dig
Source: qep'a' 25 [2018]

(qep'a' 2018):   the object is dirt or soil or a field or a road, for example, not “hole”

(qepHom 2019):   use {ghaw} when the object is the resulting hole;  use {tlhan} when the object is the material being removed

SEE ALSO:
ghaw 		excavate, dig (a hole, trench, ditch, etc.) (v)
molHa’ 		dig up (like a bone or a fossil) (v)
tlhIl  		mine (v)

ghevjur 	shovel (n)
Daqrab 		well (n)
tlhIlHal  	mine (n)

The First Rule of Holes: "When you find yourself in a hole — stop digging."

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey