[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qagh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 28 08:00:36 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, August 28, 2023

Klingon word: qagh
Part of speech: verb
Definition: interrupt
Source: TKD (101 KE, 139 EK)

qaja'pu' HIqaghQo'
HIqaghQo' qaja'pu'
I told you not to interrupt me
I told you, "Don't interrupt me!"
"Don't interrupt me" I told you. (TKD)

(HQ 12.2:8; sic! {lu-} omitted):  Another verb, {ghang}, is used to express the idea of a premature ending. If, using the same examples, the voyage is cut short or the song is interrupted before the final part is sung, one would say:
        leng [lu]ghangDI' SuvwI'pu' 'IQ chaH
    When the warriors end the voyage prematurely, they are sad.
         bom [lu]ghangDI' SuvwI'pu' tlhutlh chaH
     When the warriors end the song prematurely, they drink.
Note that the voyage and the song cannot end themselves. Someone has to end them."

SEE:
qaghwI' 	glottal stop [pIqaD letter name] (n)

SEE ALSO:
tlhoch 		contradict (v)
ghoH 		argue, dispute (v)
Sol 		quarrel (v)
qap 		insist (v)
ja'chuq 		discuss (v)
ngep 		override (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey