[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qo'qaD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 16 07:25:13 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Klingon word: qo'qaD
Part of speech: noun
Definition: phlegm
Source: HQ v12n4 p.8 [12/2003]

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

(HQ 12.4:8):  If one were to {tuS} "cough", one might produce {qo'qaD} "phlegm".

SEE:
chuy  			sneeze (v)
(HQ 12.4:8)  If one were to {chuy} "sneeze", one would likely eject {'IqnaH} "mucus" (or sometimes {'IqnaH QaD} "dry mucus").

tIl 			salivate (v)
(HQ 12.4:8):  If {tlhepQe'} "saliva" is produced, one is said to {tIl} "salivate". If the {tlhepQe'} involuntarily escapes one's lips and dribbles down one's chin, one is said to {bol} "drool".

tera’ ghIch rop  		common cold (n)
tera’ tlhuH rop  		common cold (n)
(qep’a’ 2020):  Maltz says Klingons don’t get colds (though, despite what he says, Klingons are not immune from other, somewhat similar afflictions). Another way to refer to this Earth disease, generally unsympathetically, is {tera’ rop bIr}, which is, of course, a misguided translation.

SEE ALSO:
Hugh  			throat (n)
rop  			be sick, ill (v)
tlhIS 			spit out (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey