[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' wejmaHDIch mu' chu'

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 00:12:54 PDT 2023

I've figured out the first two puns:

*'uppol* (feat, stunt): Back in the Roaring Twenties, people would often sit UP a flagPOLE as a feat/stunt.

*'unqal* (kettle): *'un* means "pot", and *qal* is derived from English "call" -- "the pot calling the kettle black".

Good to see we finally have the major countries of Earth covered. I see the word for Ethiopia has been put up at the wiki, but I'd like to learn the names of the other countries we had on our chabal tetlh (Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Palestine, Taiwan).

Oh yes, and *'IQDoy* (cliché, trope, stereotype). This appears to be made up of "IQ" (intelligence quotient) and "doy" (something stupid people would stereotypically say). Could this have something to do with all the stock characters that brainiacs and idiots are so frequently stereotyped as? (*venwI'*, mad scientist, absent-minded professor, quiz kid, the Homer Simpson, *SIrHugh*, the Chelm-style Village of Fools, the idiot savant . . .)