[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qoy'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 8 07:20:51 PDT 2023

Klingon word: Qoy'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: spill
Source: qepHom 2018

HIq vIQoy'moH(pu') jay'.
[untranslated] (Lieven < MO, qepHom 2018)

(Lieven < MO, qepHom 2018):  It's used when the liquid slops over or out of whatever container it was in.  If you bump into a glass of beer on the table and, as a result, the beer spills, then you can say {HIq vIQoy’moH(pu') jay'}.

SEE ALSO:
qang 		pour (from one container into another) (v)
lIch 		pour (into/onto anything) (v)
teb 		fill (v)
nIj 		leak (v)
SoD 		flood (v)
yIQ 		be wet (v)
bum 		absorb [liquid] (v)

Soy' 		be clumsy (v)
yepHa' 		be careless (v)
ngeQ 		bump/run into, collide with (v)

HIq  		liquor (beer, wine, ale) (n)
betgham  	liquid (state of matter) (n)
taS 		solution [liquid] (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey