[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maHnaD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 7 07:11:53 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, August 05, 2023

Klingon word: maHnaD
Part of speech: noun
Definition: protein
Source: qep'a' 27 [2020]

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

(Lieven, qepHom 2018):  The most frequently heard way to refer to a replicator that produces food is {Soj choHwI'}, but that's slang.

TREK NOTES:
For Humans in the 22nd century this was new technology and they were called “protein resequencers” (ENT various episodes) -- although the small one on the Enterprise seemed only to synthesize beverages.

FYI see this line in DISCOVERY:

DaHjaj Soj pargh wISopnISbe'ba', Sogh.
There will be no synthetic protein rations tonight, Lieutenant.
 (DSC/sub "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum")

i.e. {Soj pargh} "synthetic food"

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey