[tlhIngan Hol] *-Daq* / *-vo'* - Three questions about the *paq'batlh*

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Aug 3 10:40:38 PDT 2023

On Aug 3, 2023, at 12:12 PM, Will Martin via tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> …since my strange interest in this strange language is in having it prove that it’s mature enough to express things clearly, which is clearly a minority interest here. Perhaps a minority of one.
>
> I’d like to think it’s not a hobby language that exists primarily to be poked and stretched, rather than actually used to express anything, but it’s probably a foolish thought.

bImob'eghmoHlaw'pu'. ghomuvqa'! yIghImHa'egh! Hoch wIrIchbej. malaw'qu'. 'uQ wISopmeH matay'DI', tlhoy malaw'. ja' luneHchugh HochHom, quqnIS ja'chuqghachmey Sar.

loQ notlhchoH jabbI'IDghomvam. DaH latlh mIw maSlu': Discord. nen Holvam, pa' 'e' DatIvlaH.

qep'a' DajaHqa'laHjaj. DuHbe'chugh, Discord yInaw'. (SoHvaD DuHchugh qep'a' leng, Discord yInaw' je.)

You’ve been away from the rest of us for far too long, friend. Email in general, and the tlhingan-hol list in particular, is becoming much less of a focus for the Klingon community. We’re gathered on Discord now, with a smaller secondary congregation on Facebook. There are more of us who *are* using this language to “express anything” now than can comfortably go out to dinner together. We barely fit at the same table for {ghem} last week!

I hope you can find a way to rejoin us in person at next year’s qep'a', but if you really want to experience the language’s maturity you need to join us on Discord.

https://www.kli.org/discord will give you an invitation to the KLI’s Discord server.

-- ghunchu'wI'