[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Savvanwer

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 07:31:57 PDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 10:29 AM Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> Do we have a noun for a (musical) note or tone other than the general
> {wab} "sound,  noise"?  Note (!) the verb {tlhen} "sound as, produce the
> sound of":
> (qep’a’ 2021):  Use with sound nouns, e.g., {bobDar tlhen} "(it) produces
> a splash sound”

*qen 'otHa'lu'pu'!*
https://www.kli.org/about-klingon/new-language-information/qepa-wejmahdich-new-words/

*'awtIr* noun musical note, musical tone This refers to the sound, not the
musical notation. A written musical note is usually *'awtIr ngutlh* when
referring to a specific note (such as *yu* or *bIm*) but *QoQ ngutlh* when
referring to the glyph or character itself, not the specific tone it
denotes.