[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: boghoy

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 27 07:28:54 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2023

Klingon word: 	boghoy
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	procession, parade, march
Source: 	qep'a' 26 [2019]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

PUN: the "Colonel Bogey March"

"The "Colonel Bogey March" is a British march that was composed in 1914 by Lieutenant F. J. Ricketts (1881–1945) (pen name Kenneth J. Alford), a British Army bandmaster who later became the director of music for the Royal Marines at Plymouth. The march is often whistled. Featuring in films since it first appeared in "The Bridge on the River Kwai" in 1957."
Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Bogey_March

SEE:
tlhaj 		process, parade, march (v) (qep’a’ 2019)

SEE ALSO:
yIt 		walk (v)
qet 		run (v)
mI' 		run in place, etc. (v)

meQboghnom  (n) (PB)
  - "the name of Kahless' banner of unity and revolution, under which his armies marched." (De'vID 9/23/2013).  Note {joqwI' cha'} "display a banner/flag" in:
    joqwI’e' cha'bogh qeylIS
      luDel 'e' ra' molor
    He [Molor] asks them which banner
      Kahless marches under (PB)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey