[tlhIngan Hol] Go and come, know, impersonal verbs

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Tue Apr 11 11:08:43 PDT 2023

Thank you for your explanation, De'vID! It was indeed a problem with the English language.

But if I understand it right, final clauses in Klingon rather express the *real* purpose / intention of the main clause. A sentence like *This is too heavy for me to move it*, cannot be rendered with *vIvIHmoHmeH tlhoy 'ugh*, unless you are trying to say that its being too heavy makes it somehow possible for you to move it (?). (Such sentences use in German the conjunction *als dass* instead of *damit*, and the *Konjunktiv*).

Am I getting it right?