[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'uchgha'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 10 07:41:10 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, April 10, 2023

Klingon word: 'uchgha'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: RNA
Source: qep'a' 27 [2020}

I.e. ribonucleic acid.

SEE ALSO:
roSghaH 	DNA [deoxyribonucleic acid] (n) (qep'a' 2016)
rayQeD 	genetics (n) (qep’a’ 2019)
roSmaH 	chromosome (n) (qep’a’ 2021)

(qep’a’ 2021):  Chromosomes are numbered (e.g. {roSmaH wej}). The two sex chromosomes are {roSmaH pagh} and {roSmaH bID}; two {roSmaH bID} chromosomes occur in females, one of each occur in males.

(qep’a’ 2021 Q&A Session):
Q:  Is there a cultural background behind the names for the
      chromosomes?
A:  No. It's just... throw the dice in the air and see what happens.

I rather like the pun in {roSghaH} !

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey