[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngap

SCOTT RANDEL amavocet at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 19:34:14 PDT 2023

Yes, but what does TKD mean by "be consonant"? It doesn't seem to be a verb in English, so I'm trying to use the adjectives to figure it out..

Merriam Webster gives me four possibilities:

1
: being in agreement or harmony : free from elements making for discord
The decision was consonant with the company's usual practice.
2
: marked by musical consonances
consonant chords
3
: having similar sounds
consonant words
4
: relating to or exhibiting consonance : RESONANT

I discount #2. So does {ngab} mean to be in agreement, to have similar sounds, or to be resonant?