[tlhIngan Hol] favourite Klingon sentences from the newer shows?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 23:01:56 PDT 2023

Am 06.04.2023 um 05:54 schrieb De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Does anyone have any Klingon sentences from the newer shows that they
> particularly like?

A sidenote on this; I'm not sure if De'vID has seen the latest shows. (I
need to mention I haven't seen the 3rd season of Picard yet)

Basically said, the newer shows Picard, Lower Decks, Strange New Worlds,
and Prodigy have close to zero Klingon phrases. Some words have
appeared, LDS had one sentence, and that's it. (And there's also some
bad Klingon somewhere).

So this reduces it to Star Trek Discovery, in which Klingon was only
used in Season 1 and 2.

All dialogues are on the Klingon Language Wiki, summarized on this page:
http://klingon.wiki/En/DSCdialogues

To answer your question: Yes, there are many phrases in there which
could appear in a book like TKW. I can't think of a specific right now.
Surely some of them might be good example for word usage, but it should
always be checked if it's confirmed by Okrand.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"