[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chob'a'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 3 07:35:35 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, April 03, 2023

Klingon word: 	chob'a'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	main corridor
Source:

My notes say it's from the BOP poster.

(HQ 12.2:7):  For the end of a longish enclosed space that one is typically inside of or experiences from the inside, such as a corridor, tunnel, or conduit (say, a Jeffries tube or a branch of the sewers of Paris), a different word is used: {qa'rI'}. This is the only word; it's used for both (or all) ends. The open entryway leading into such a space is called a {Din}. If there's a door there, it's referred to by the usual word for door, {lojmIt}.

SEE:
chob  		corridor (n)

SEE ALSO:
'och 		tunnel (n)
'ImSIng 		sewer (n)

vegh 		go through (an existing opening or tunnel) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey