[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jInbo'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 3 07:32:16 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, April 01, 2023

Klingon word: 	jInbo'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	bias
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

The request for this word was: "disproportionate weight in favor of or against something".  See also (ghu' neS} "idiom related to 'bias' ".  (qep'a' 2021)

Does anyone see any pun?

TREK NOTES:
   Despite the considerable sophistication of Klingon technology, significant gaps exist in Klingon medical science, in part due to cultural biases that injured warriors should be left to die or to carry out the {Heghbat} (i.e.  ritual suicide]. (TNG "Ethics")

SEE:
ghu'  		situation;  proposal (PB) (n)
-neS  		honorific: "your Honor" (V8)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey