[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chev

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 16 07:36:17 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, September 16, 2022

Klingon word: 	chev
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	separate

  'uSDaj chop!  chev!
  Bite his/her leg off! (pet command; PK)

(KGT 88):  More sophisticated Klingon food preparation involves keeping anatomically identifiable parts separate.

(KGT 92):  The shell of an animal … is commonly separated from the animal meat, fermented, and served at another time.

(KLS):  According to Klingon legend, when honed sharp enough it [i.e. a bat'leth] can separate a man from his soul.

PUN:
  as in the Biblical expression "to separate the wheat from the chaff"? (suggested by Michael Everson)

SEE:
chevwI' tlhoy'  	territorial wall (n)

SEE ALSO:
rar 		connect, attach (v)
tay'  		be together, united (v)
muv  		join (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last