[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghoch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 26 07:26:41 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, September 23, 2022

Klingon word: ghoch
Part of speech: verb
Definition: track, track down

qaghochnISlaH (?)
"I could trace [for you]"  (ST6)

TREK TRIVIA:
  "We are hunters, Captain, tracking and taking what we need." (Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

SEE:
ghoch  		destination (n)
ghochwI'  	tracker (n)
  -  {ghochwI'} ("The Tracker") is the title of a sculpture in Torghn's house. It is a 3D representation of {ghochwI'}, the name of the constellation in the Kahless myth containing the bright star which Boreth orbits. The {Hov lat} is a "symbolic representation of the constellation known as The Tracker." (KCD)

SEE ALSO:
nej 		look for, seek, search for (v)
tlha' 		chase, follow (v)
Sam 		locate [seek & find] (v)
wam 		hunt (v)
ngel 		attract, lure (v)
von  		trap,  entrap (v)

vem 		tracks, print, mark, pattern (left in the dirt from
		stepping on it) (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last