[tlhIngan Hol] Appositions with type 5 suffixes / I'm cold, I'm hot

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Sun Sep 18 13:29:56 PDT 2022

charghwI':

> My issue about all of these examples is that they could be an equivalent of a title instead of apposition. When we say Mr. Smith, we don’t call that apposition, even though Mr. and Smith are both referring to the same person, as we do in apposition, “my cousin, David”.

[...]

> Home-world might, in that culture, be a title, like the difference between “Miss” and “Mrs.”

Maybe, but shouldn't it be *Qo'noS juHqo'* then, following the word order for titles?

Actually, German linguists consider titles like *Frau* (/Mrs.), *Herr* (/Mr./), *Doktor* or *Professor* to be appositions too. I don't know how it is in English. But leaving apart the question whether Klingons consider those examples to be appositions or not, I just found interesting that in all of them the type 5 suffix always come on the last name.

Anyway, I will follow your advice and recast, avoiding unknown grammar :-)