[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qol

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:33:24 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Klingon word: 	qol
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	collection of segments that are joined together, collocation
Source: 	qepHom 2021

(qepHom 2021 Q&A):  Okrand said that the word {qol} in {mIllogh qol} (animation, cartoon) is a noun, but he did not remember which it was. It was later explained in the new words list.

N.B.  Do not confuse with the personal name {qol} Kol [qepHom 2019 < Discovery] or the verb {qol} "pronounce".

SEE:
mIllogh  		picture, image, depiction, drawing, etc. (n)
mIllogh qol   		animation, cartoon (n)
mIllogh qonwI'  		camera (n)
mIllogh qonwI' qoSta'	film (n)

SEE ALSO:
mIr 		chain (n)
'ay'  		section, part, component, piece (n)

loch 		be a fraction of, make up a portion of, constitute part of (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last