[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 9 07:13:08 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	rIj
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be moored, anchored
Source: 	qep'a' 25 [2018]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
rIjHa'  		be adrift (v) (qep'a' 2018)

SEE ALSO:
‘ay 		float (in/on water or other liquids( (v)
’al 		float (in/on air) (v)
vIH 		move, be in motion (v)

vergh 		dock; park (v)
Saq 		land  (on ground, e.g. a ship) (v)
tlhot  		land (on water) (v)
QoD 		maneuver (engines) (v)
bagh 		tie (v)

‘otHel 		dock (n)
  - "any place a vessel is moored, even if there is no structure" (qep'a' 2018)
vergh  		dock, port (seaport, airport, spaceport) (n)
  - "with a structure to attach to, like a pier" (qep'a' 2018)
SaqDaq 	landing site (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last