[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 6 07:34:45 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, September 03, 2022

Klingon word: 	ngoH
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	paint using fingers

(KGT 80-81):  What the Federation would classify as a painting -- that is, a {nagh beQ} featuring an image not carved into it but painted onto it -- is made by applying {rItlh} [pigment, paint, dye, ink] … The verb {ngoH}, meaning smear in other contexts, is used for paint using fingers.

SEE:
ngoHwI'  	artist (n) (DSC)

SEE ALSO:
DIj 		use a pigment stick, paint with pigment stick (v)
DIjwI'  		artist,  painter (n)
nguv  		be dyed, stained, tinted (v)
nguvmoH  	dye,  stain,  tint (v)
ghItlh		engrave, incise, mark, write (the physical act) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last