[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yaS cha'DIch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 2 08:43:06 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	yaS cha'DIch
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	second officer (on a ship)
Source:

(KGT 53):  regardless of their official ranks, those closest to the captain of a ship are called {yaS wa'DIch} (first officer) and {yaS cha'DIch} (second officer). Unlike the terms associated with specific duties, however, these may be used as titles as well.

TREK TRIVIA:
Lt. Klag was Capt. Kargan's second officer on the IKC Pagh. (TNG "A Matter of Honor")

SEE ALSO:
boQ 		aide (n(
boQDu' 	aide-de-camp (n)
cha'DIch 	aide [during a ceremonial challenge] (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last