[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 31 07:39:52 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, October 30, 2022

Klingon word: 	yon
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be satisfied
Source: 	TKD

qab yon Da'agh.  qablIj yon yI'aghHa' 'aghHa'pa' 'etlhwIj.
Scrape that smug look from your face before my blade does it for you. (STConst p.259)

Do'natu vaghDaq DIvI' wIlulpu' 'a qaStaHvIS poH veb mayonchoHchu'pu'.
We have become complacent in the time since we last battled the Federation at Donatu V.  (DSC/Qov "Battle At the Binary Stars")

(KGT 120):  The Klingon word {maj} is an exclamation expressing satisfaction, generally translated as simply "good," and functioning as a sentence in its own right."

(KGT 148):  The [slang] word {chong} may also be used as an exclamation expressing approval or satisfaction, somewhat like standard {maj} (good).

SEE:
yonmoH  	satisfy (v)

SEE ALSO:
bel 		be pleased (v)
Quch 		be happy, merry (v)

bel 		pleasure, joy (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last