[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qagh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 26 07:15:45 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	Qagh
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	error, mistake

QaghHommeyHeylIjmo'
due to your apparent minor errors TKD

QaghwIj vIQIj 'e' yIchaw'neS
Permit me to explain my mistake, your Honor. PK

QaghmeylIj tIchID, yIyoH
Have the courage to admit your mistakes. TKW

(De'vID < MO, 2/17/2018):  A [software] bug is a {Qagh} (not a {ghew}).

SEE:
QaghHom  	minor error (n)
Qagh'a'  	major blunder (n)

Qagh  		err, be mistaken, make a mistake (v)
  - (KGT 145):  This word [{bachHa'}] literally means something like mis-shoot -- that is, shoot wrongly. It is used in such constructions as {jIbachHa'pu'} ("I have made a mistake"; literally, "I have mis-shot"). The standard word meaning err, make a mistake is {Qagh}, as in {jIQaghpu'} ("I have make a mistake")."

SEE ALSO:
Duy' 		defect (n)

muj 		be wrong (v)
Duy' 		be defective (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last