[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mIS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 24 07:04:56 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, October 23, 2022

Klingon word: mIS
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be confused, be mixed up
Source: TKD

  Only used for "mental confusion" (i.e. it doesn't apply to a bunch of things mixed up on a table). (qurgh < qep’a’ 2010)

  "My guess is that {mIS} refers to a lack of understanding, while {rel} refers to an inability to concentrate." (SuStel, 8/24/2017)

SEE:
mIS  		confusion (n)
mISmoH  	confuse [someone] (v)

SEE ALSO:
yay' 		be shocked, dumbfounded (v)
Duq 		be stunned (be astonished, astounded, dumbfounded,
		shocked) (v)
rel 		be dazed (unable to think properly) (v)
ver 		be dizzy (v)
'ergh 		hallucinate (v)
mer 		surprise [someone] (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last